Nothing says summer fun more than outdoor activities. With these activities comes the potential for all sorts of stains on your clothing. Here are a few helpful tips for removing some of the most commons types of stains.
There are numerous methods for how to remove grass stains from all types of fabric. Here is one technique to try for removing grass stains from everyday clothing, like cotton T-shirts.
- Soak the stained area for 15 minutes in a mixture of two parts water and one part distilled white vinegar
- After soaking dab the stain with a clean rag, gently, do not apply pressure too hard, this can set the stain
- Wash the garment with enzyme-based laundry detergent, like Arm and Hammer or Tide, to help lift the stain
Many fruits can leave stains on your clothing if not treated fast enough; especially strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
- Remove any pieces of fruit stuck onto the item of clothing
- Run very cold water over the stain, making certain the water completely saturates and pass through the affected area of the fabric
- Rub the stain, gently, while still continuing to run water over it
- Use any stain remover you like and apply to the stained area
- Wash garment, do not use the hot water setting, this can permanently set the stain into the fabric
Like grass stains, there are various ways to remove blood stains from clothing. One of the most effective and popular methods involves just one product, that’s right ONE product. Hydrogen peroxide.
- Pour a small amount of hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain
- Gently rub the area using a clean rag, toothbrush, or any other item that will help work the peroxide into the fabric fibers
- Let the peroxide soak for 15 minutes
- Evaluate the stain, if mostly gone proceed to wash. If not repeat these steps
When cleaning/washing blood stains from fabric always use cold water. Hot water will set the blood into the fabric. Also, use minimal amounts of water when cleaning the stain; large amounts of water can cause the stain to spread.
Let us know how these stain removing tips worked for you, or if you have any of your own stain removal methods.