We can all relate to finding ourselves in tough cleaning situations, lost for how to even begin remedying the problem. These are instances when a cleaning hack would come in handy. Here a few helpful cleaning hacks to prevent any further cleaning dilemmas you might discover yourself in the middle of.
Fresh out of shoe polish and need to head to a fancy event, no problem. Did you know that you can use a banana peel to shine shoes?
- Remove the main body of fruit from inside its peel
- Using the inner lining of the banana peel rub it all over the surface of the shoe (similar in motion to as if you were actually polishing shoes with a cleaner)
- Buff the shoe with a soft cloth
- Admire your shiny, “just like new” shoes
Have an excessive amount of gunk built up on your flat iron? Well, we’ve got a hack for that! Hair product build-up, such as hairspray can collect over time on your hair tools and here is an easy way to remove it.
- Mix together baking soda and hydrogen peroxide until it becomes paste-like in texture
- Rub the paste onto the plates of your flat iron (where the buildup is at its worst)
- Wipe away with a clean cloth and your flat iron is as good as new
Wax Spills on Carpet
There is no more need to ever panic again if you accidentally spill melted candle wax on your carpet. And the best part is you will only need 2 items to complete this hack; an iron and a stack of newspaper.
- Turn your iron to its highest setting (make sure to turn OFF the steam setting)
- Place a piece of newspaper over the wax and firmly press the iron onto the paper. Move the iron, slightly, in small circles to prevent burning either the paper or carpet
- You will begin to see the wax melting onto the newspaper. When you do, grab a fresh piece of paper and continue to repeat the process until the wax has completely been removed
Have any of these hacks worked of you? What other hacks do you know of that you could recommend to others?